If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is great as a side dish or for a light meal. —C. Green
- 4 large field tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Quinoa
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Spoon out 4 large field tomatoes so that all pulp is removed and shell is wide open
- Turn upside down on paper towels for a few minutes to drain any excess moisture
- Cook quinoa according to directions.
- When quinoa is done sprinkle in 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese and mix throughout
- Add a sprinkle of parmesan to the inside bottom of the tomatoes and fill with quinoa pressing down to make a dense filling.
- Sprinkle tops with remaining parmesan cheese and pop in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. Tomatoes should be slightly soft to touch.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Quinoa Recipe