If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Faced with having to take a dish to a wedding picnic over the weekend, a good friend in CA sent me this link http://theviewfromgreatisland.com/2013/08/summer-tomato-focaccia.html . As it turns out, Baking and I really just don't get on well together. Possibly due to me never being able to find measureing spoons/cups and whatnot. It still looks like something yummy nd friend says she's mde it 3 times last week. So, here I am with a gazillion tiny tomatoes and some really cute yellow and orange mini bell peppers. Hmmm? Hubby working at home today so lunch was in order. Voila! Farmers market sourced BLTs. —sansan123
- 6 pieces thin sliced bacon
- 2 pieces good quality french bread, I used petit brecon but I think cibatta might work better
- 3 pieces nice cheese. I used fandango from the Pyrenees but think pepper jack would be good
- 6--8 small cherry tomatoes
- 1 mini bell pepper
- 1 handful chopped romain lettuce
- 1 splash balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 handful fresh basil
- good quality mayo
- Put bacon into a skillet and cook till crispy. set aside and drain. While bacon is cooking, slice bread and put cheese over 1/2
- grill the bread with the cheese in the bacon fat until bread is crisp on the bottom and cheese is melty on top
- chop and mix all other ingredients EXCEPT the mayo in bowl
- slather mayo on the non cheese 1/2 of the bread, Add the bacon slices, top with the veg.
- Smoosh everything together to form a sandwich.