Faced with having to take a dish to a wedding picnic over the weekend, a good friend in CA sent me this link http://theviewfromgreatisland.com/2013/08/summer-tomato-focaccia.html . As it turns out, Baking and I really just don't get on well together. Possibly due to me never being able to find measureing spoons/cups and whatnot. It still looks like something yummy nd friend says she's mde it 3 times last week. So, here I am with a gazillion tiny tomatoes and some really cute yellow and orange mini bell peppers. Hmmm? Hubby working at home today so lunch was in order. Voila! Farmers market sourced BLTs. —sansan123
- Serves 2
thin sliced bacon
good quality french bread, I used petit brecon but I think cibatta might work better
nice cheese. I used fandango from the Pyrenees but think pepper jack would be good
small cherry tomatoes
mini bell pepper
handful chopped romain lettuce
good quality mayo
- Put bacon into a skillet and cook till crispy. set aside and drain. While bacon is cooking, slice bread and put cheese over 1/2
- grill the bread with the cheese in the bacon fat until bread is crisp on the bottom and cheese is melty on top
- chop and mix all other ingredients EXCEPT the mayo in bowl
- slather mayo on the non cheese 1/2 of the bread, Add the bacon slices, top with the veg.
- Smoosh everything together to form a sandwich.