- Serves 2
Faced with having to take a dish to a wedding picnic over the weekend, a good friend in CA sent me this link http://theviewfromgreatisland.com/2013/08/summer-tomato-focaccia.html . As it turns out, Baking and I really just don't get on well together. Possibly due to me never being able to find measureing spoons/cups and whatnot. It still looks like something yummy nd friend says she's mde it 3 times last week. So, here I am with a gazillion tiny tomatoes and some really cute yellow and orange mini bell peppers. Hmmm? Hubby working at home today so lunch was in order. Voila! Farmers market sourced BLTs. —sansan123
thin sliced bacon
good quality french bread, I used petit brecon but I think cibatta might work better
nice cheese. I used fandango from the Pyrenees but think pepper jack would be good
small cherry tomatoes
mini bell pepper
handful chopped romain lettuce
good quality mayo
- Put bacon into a skillet and cook till crispy. set aside and drain. While bacon is cooking, slice bread and put cheese over 1/2
- grill the bread with the cheese in the bacon fat until bread is crisp on the bottom and cheese is melty on top
- chop and mix all other ingredients EXCEPT the mayo in bowl
- slather mayo on the non cheese 1/2 of the bread, Add the bacon slices, top with the veg.
- Smoosh everything together to form a sandwich.