cup Japanese rice, rinsed, and soaked in water for 15-20minutes
- Drain rice into sieve, and place in a pot. Add water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- When it starts boiling, Reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 15minutes.
- Turn off the burner, and let it rest for 10minutes, covered. DON’T take off the lid.
- After it has rested, take off the lid, and stir the rice lightly using rice paddle.To do this, you need to turn the rice from bottom to the top and cut through the rice with rice paddle. Don’t break up the rice too much. This idea is to stop it being one solid mass, but not separate as with long grain rice