If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Every Friday or Saturday night my dad would buy from street vendors or someone in the neighborhood who made the best Saus/Sao.
I would have it with a milky drink to soothe the spicyness and my parents would wash it down with a Rum and Coke.
When you buy Sao, they can serve in a ziploc bag or if you bring your own container the vendor will serve it there. —LittleLadyCook
- 1.5-2 pounds Pig’s Feet
- 12 limes
- 2 Medium Cucumbers (sliced, remove seeds and peeled)
- 1 Medium White Onion
- 1 scotch Bonnet pepper or Thai pepper
- Salt Pepper to Taste
- White Vinegar to taste
- Place a big Pot with water & salt with the feet already in, bring it to a boil and cook until tender, 30-60 mins.
- Chop onions thin or like sticks, whatever you prefer, toss salt, sliced small cucumber, lime juice and adjust with water and vinegar to your taste, add the thinly sliced pepper, use half of it if you are not used to hot peppers. And please wear gloves and wash the chopping board and knives onces you are done with it. Read NOTE
- Marinate them covered with plastic wrap inside the fridge until the Pig is ready.
- Once your pig is soft take it out of the pot, place it in a bowl and pour all the liquid you have the cucumbers & onions together. Wait until it cools off, and marinate covered in fridge 2 hours- 3 days.
- When ready to serve, discard the cucumbers and add the other sliced ones so they can marinate a little before serving without being soggy and still with a crisp to it. You could serve it room temperature or cold, I like it both ways!
- NOTE. I found out i’m a little allergic to hot peppers and several times I’ve hurt with myself using them, even jalapeños!) If you get in contact with the pepper and your skin starts burning put very cold milk or sour cream and it will help, that’s what I did, took a benadryl so I could sleep, yes it was that bad.