If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cannellini beans never taste so good! Inspired by the bean salad served at an Italian restaurant called Fratelli Fresh in Sydney, this salad is packed with goodies from the soil and the sea. It seems Italians love different kinds of beans and incorporate the vitamin-rich pulses into their cooking from salads to soups to casseroles. If you are tired of boring green salad, try this refreshing alternative. —sweetsholic
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 3+1/2 cups cannellini beans
- 3 ounces canned tuna in olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, shaved
- sea salt and black pepper
- Rinse the beans and set aside. In a bowl, place the oil, minced garlic, freshly-squeezed lemon juice, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Add the beans and tuna, and toss well. Add the greens and mix gently using your hands.
- Taste the salad and season with salt and pepper if necessary. Place the salad onto a plate and top it off with shaved parmesan cheese and cracked pepper.