If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I started with cooked chicken, and made sure it was spicy by using both jerk seasoning and diced green chiles. I also threw a little bit of smoked gouda, green onion, and lime juice in there for some added flavor. Because I've been obsessed with wonton wrappers lately it was only natural to make some rangoons with this spicy chicken deliciousness. While the filled wontons were baking, I stirred up sour cream studded with chopped mango to quell the mouth-fire that was about to come my way. The resulting party appetizer is the perfect combination of spicy, smoky, creamy, sweet and crunchy. Who says you can't mix Jamaican with Mexican with Asian? —foxeslovelemons
Makes about 30 pieces
- 1 egg
- 4 ounces diced green chiles, drained
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast meat, pulled (roast a few small breasts or start with a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon jerk seasoning mix
- 30 wonton wrappers (I used 4-1/2" square wrappers)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 mango, peeled and finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In small bowl, whisk egg with 1 tablespoon water. In large bowl, stir together chiles, chicken cheese, onion, lime juice and jerk seasoning. Place a heaping tablespoon of chicken filling in the middle of one wonton wrapper. Brush two sides of wrapper with egg wash. Fold wonton wrapper diagonally, pressing to enclose seams. Fold bottom two corners of triangle in so wonton forms a small purse (see photo below for a visual on how I folded them). Repeat with remaining wonton wrappers. Place rangoons on parchment-lined sheet pans and brush with remaining egg wash.
- Bake rangoon for 23 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Meanwhile, stir together sour cream and mango. Serve rangoons immediatley, with sour cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spicy Recipe