If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A lush combination of flavors teams with great nutrition for a double bonus dish. —Susan E. Levy
tablespoon olive oil
cloves garlic, minced
cups Swiss chard or kale (about 1 bunch) rinsed and chopped
cups low-sodium chicken broth
teaspoons red pepper flakes
15-ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed
cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in chard, broth and pepper flakes.
- Cover and cook over medium heat about 4 minutes or until chard is wilted and crisp-tender. Add beans and heat through.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and a splash of balsamic vinegar, if desired.
- Per serving: 189 calories, 11g protein, 25g carbohydrate, 6g total fat, 2g sat fat, 3g mono fat, 6mg cholesterol, 6g fiber, 182mg sodium