Author Notes: A lush combination of flavors teams with great nutrition for a double bonus dish. —Susan E. Levy
tablespoon olive oil
cloves garlic, minced
cups Swiss chard or kale (about 1 bunch) rinsed and chopped
cups low-sodium chicken broth
teaspoons red pepper flakes
15-ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed
cups Parmesan cheese, grated
In This Recipe
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in chard, broth and pepper flakes.
- Cover and cook over medium heat about 4 minutes or until chard is wilted and crisp-tender. Add beans and heat through.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and a splash of balsamic vinegar, if desired.
- Per serving: 189 calories, 11g protein, 25g carbohydrate, 6g total fat, 2g sat fat, 3g mono fat, 6mg cholesterol, 6g fiber, 182mg sodium