If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Spicy chai tea, whole wheat flour, a hint of coffee, and rolled in chai-spiced sugar, these are the perfect breakfast muffins to welcome in the cooler weather! —Jess Gonzalez
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chai sugar*
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup melted and cooled butter
- 3/4 cup chai sugar*
- *For the chai sugar: combine 1 cup granulated sugar with 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp each of cardamom, cloves, and nutmeg until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray one 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray (or use paper liners). Combine both flours, brown sugar, 1/4 cup chai sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices (through the nutmeg) until well combined
- n a separate bowl, whisk milk and instant coffee granules together, followed by egg and vegetable oil.
- Pour wet ingredient mixture over dry ingredient mixture and stir with large wooden spoon until just combined.
- Scoop batter out into prepared muffin cups, filling 3/4 way full. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for a few minutes before carefully removing to cool on a wire rack
- Once cool, dip muffins in melted butter, then roll immediately in the rest of the chai sugar.
More Great Recipes:
Bread, Rolls & Muffins