If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a great side dish for any BBQ, or Holiday get together.
The spiciness can always be altered to the individuals liking as well as the sweetness from the Mango.
To make it a full meal, mix in 2 (10 oz.) Cans of Chicken with the liquid. —MAGDALENA FLORES
- 2-3 Potatoes (Peel, chop into different sizes, and boil to soften)
- 3 Eggs - Hard Boiled (Egg Whites Diced; Yolks set aside)
- ½ cups Cup Red Bell Pepper Diced
- 2 Tomatillos Diced
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Garlic Diced
- ¼ cups Green Onion Diced
- 4 ounces Can Diced Hot Green Chiles
- ¼ cups Mustard
- 1 cup Crema Mexicana
- 1 cup Celery Diced
- ½ cups Hot Pickles Diced
- 1 Small Can Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- 1 Small Mango Diced
- ¼ cups Fresh Cilantro Chopped + Extra Not Chopped for Garnish
- 1 Juice of Lime
- 1 teaspoon Lime Zest + Extra for Garnish
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- 1 cup Queso Fresco Crumbled
- 1 Small Avocado Sliced for Garnish
- WHILE POTATOES ARE BOILING: In a medium skillet, on low to medium heat, sauté the Red Bell Pepper, Tomatillos, Garlic, Green Onion, and entire can of Green Chiles until almost tender, then remove from heat.
- Once potatoes are soft, lightly mash potatoes (leaving some chunks) in a large bowl and set aside.
- Mash eggs yolks in a large bowl and stir in Mustard and Crema Mexicana.
- Mix in Celery, Pickles and Egg Whites.
- Remove seeds from 3-4 Chipotle peppers, dice small, and place into the mixture along with ½ -1 tsp of the Adobo sauce from the can.
- Stir in the mix from the skillet, and add the Mango, Cilantro, Lime juice, Lime zest, and Salt.
- Combine the mixture into the potatoes and incorporate well.
- Mix in the Queso Fresco.
- Garnish with Sliced Avocado, extra Cilantro, and extra Lime Zest
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spicy Recipe