If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fall farmstand bounty pickled and composed into a vegetarian middle eastern munchie —Gustave
- 1.5 cups Apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Chinese rice cooking wine (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Pickle juice
- Few handfuls of fresh tarragon
- 4 cups White turnips, golden beets, slim carrots
- 1/2 cup Each: kosher salt and white sugar
- For tzatziki
- Grate a cucumber, peeled and seeds removed, and 5 radishes. Salt and let sit for 15 minutes, then drain. Add to 2 cups Greek or Turkish yogurt. Along with fresh mint, chopped.. Add garlic as desired, crushed and chopped.
- Scrub veggies and cut into strips. Boil remaining brine ingredients and cook veggies in brine liquid for about 10 minutes.
- Make tzatziki as above.
- Take Pita or Lebanese bread, pile on pickled veggies, add an heirloom tomato if you have one on hand, and cover with tzatziki. Roll up and enjoy.