If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A craving for fried green tomatoes and green chutney is the inspiration for this crunchy fritter! —nykavi
Makes 10-12 fritters
- 1/2 cup Cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh Coconut
- 1/2 Green chili
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Besan ( chick pea flour)
- 1 pinch Baking Soda
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- dashes Turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 2-3 tablespoons Water
- 2 Green Tomatoes
- 1 cup Canola oil for frying
- Start withy he chutney. Wash cilantro and blend to a thick paste along with coconut, green chili, salt sugar and lime juice.
- Whisk besan, baking soda, salt, turmeric, chili powder, cumin powder and water to form a thick batter.
- Slice green tomatoes into 1/4 inch slices.
- Cut each slice in half and stuff with 1/2 teaspoon of chutney. Press to close
- Heat oil in a saucepan.
- Test the oil with a drop of batter. The drop should spring to the surface immediately.
- Dredge the tomato slices through the batter and drop them gently into the hot oil.
- Fry on both side for 2 to 3 minutes until fritters are golden brown
- Drain onto a paper towel and eat them piping hot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spicy Recipe
More Great Recipes: Snacks