If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Need a sweet & nourishing treat that’s not going to pack on the pounds? It may just be your lucky day!
I was looking for a way to get more fiber into my diet without having to sacrifice taste (I don’t enjoy cardboard food, thank you very much). I wanted a quick snack with no refined sugar, no dairy and plenty of fiber to fill me up. These muffins fit the bill!
Each muffin (regular size made in a cupcake tin) contains 78 calories, 3.5 g of fiber, 8.83 g of carbs (5.3 net carbs) and 2 g of protein.
PLUS, they taste delicious! Can it get any better? —lynne
Makes 8-12 muffins
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons melted virgin coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix all the ingredients in a big bowl.
- Pour mixture into cupcake tins.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes, and check with a fork or toothpick to see if they’re done.