If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A beautiful combination of carrot and parsnip with a little curry and ginger and some coconut milk to round things out. Delish! —beetsandbluecheese.com
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds parsnips, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 3 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 14 oz. can lite coconut milk
- Heat butter and oil in a Dutch oven over medium-low heat. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and curry powder and cook 7-10 minutes or until the onion is translucent, stirring frequently.
- Add the chopped parsnips, carrots and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer 45-50 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Use an immersion blender to process the soup to a smooth consistency. Add the coconut milk, season with salt and pepper and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Autumn Soup
More Great Recipes: Soups