If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Your kitchen fills with the rich smells of Autumn while making this soup. With only a handful of ingredients your soup is ready to serve in no time. The rich flavors taste as though you've had a pot simmering all day long. —Cook with 2 Chicks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup croutons
- In stock pot heat olive oil. Add sweet onion and a pinch of kosher salt. Sauté until slightly brown and tender. Toss in garlic and cook for 2mins.
- Add thyme and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook until the aroma of thyme fills your kitchen.
- Mix in black beans and pumpkin. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and cool slightly. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup, then turn heat back on and return to a simmer.
- Serve immediately with a drizzle of olive oil, a few croutons, a shake of crushed red pepper flakes and a pinch of thyme.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Autumn Soup