If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The classic Beef Macaroni Sopas is our Filipino version of a comforting soup meal. The combination of ground beef, elbow macaroni noodles, vegetable cubes simmering in clear broth is perfect for a chilly fall day. I made this often when my sons were growing up. Now that they're all grown, they still come home to a big pot of soup like this to welcome them back. —Betty Ann Quirino
Serves 4 to 6
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or corn oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 piece onion, medium, chopped
- 2 pieces celery stalks, chopped
- 4 to 6 cups beef broth
- 1 cup elbow macaroni pasta noodles
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Knorr Savor seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 piece whole carrot, peeled, cubed (1 cup)
- 1 piece 1 potato, peeled, cubed (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- In a medium stock pot, over medium high heat, add the cooking oil. Saute the garlic, onions, celery, carrots, potatotes for 2 to 3 minutes till soft
- Add the tomatoes and ground beef. Sprinkle the worcestershire sauce and Knorr seasoning on the beef. Brown beef for about 5 to 6 minutes.Add noodles, cook 10 to 12 minutes. Season with salt, pepper. Garnish with parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Autumn Soup