If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The handful of fresh basil leaves gives this creamy tomato and sweet red pepper soup a fresh, earthy taste, but it's still warm enough for fall. (Notes: I used homemade vegetable stock for this recipe. You may need to reheat the soup after blending due to the cold heavy cream being added in.) —Jenna S
vine ripe tomatoes, chopped
large sweet red pepper, chopped (not in oil)
cup yellow onion, chopped
cloves garlic, chopped
cup leeks, chopped
fresh basil leaves
cup heavy cream
- Saute the onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes in olive oil.
- Add tomatoes, red pepper, leeks, and vegetable stock. Cook on low to medium for about half an hour to 40 minutes, with the lid on. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Add the fresh basil and heavy cream, and seasoning to taste.
- Use an immersion blender or food processor to blend until smooth.
- Garnish with a couple of leaves of basil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Autumn Soup