If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: .....a vegetable soup for strength. —MaryJane Malandrucco
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 3 carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 6 oz bag baby spinach chopped
- 2 15 oz cans cannelilini beans
- 1/2 cup small pasta like elbows or broken spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper or to taste
- 1 large clove garlic chopped
- 3 cups water
- Heat olive oil in large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. When hot, sauté carrots, onions, celery and garlic for about 7-8 minutes. Add tomato paste and salt and pepper. Add 1 can of beans and 3 cups water and bring to a boil. Meanwhile mash the other can of beans with a fork until smooth and add to the pot. Reduce heat and cook for about 30 minutes on low. Add the chopped spinach and pasta. Cook another 10 minutes. If soup gets too thick, add more water.
- olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- chopped fresh basil
- To serve, add a drizzle olive oil, basil and some salt and pepper.