If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With over 300 vendors, the Jean Talon market in Montreal is a foodie’s paradise in the fall. As summer’s bounty is harvested, the market comes alive with all of the fresh produce. With so much to choose from, I love visiting the stalls and finding specialties from the local farms.
In the heart of Montreal’s Little Italy, not only can you find fresh fruits and vegetables, but there are also incredible choices of Italian delicacies.
Tonight, we have fresh roasted Italian tomatoes with fresh basil and sage on zucchini pasta. Not only is this dish gluten-free as well as whole plant-based, it is simple to prepare and delicious. If you feel extra hungry, add some cannellini beans! —lynne
- 2 pounds Italian tomatoes
- 4 zucchinis
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1/2 cup basil
- 2 leaves of sage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Quarter the tomatoes, slice the onion and garlic and toss with olive oil.
- Place on cooking sheet and roast for 1 hour at 350 F.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, make the zucchini noodles. Use a julienne peeler to peel the zucchini into long noodle-like strips.
- When the tomatoes are done cooking, puree the mixture with sun-dried tomatoes, basil and sage.
- Now serve the finished tomato sauce over the zucchini noodles. Voila!