If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In 2005 a friend of mine approached me asking me if I wanted to open a restaurant with her. She told me that she already found the space and had a vision but wanted a partner. She knew I had just graduated from Le Cordon Bleu Culinary School and that I was a yogi like her, who had a passion for health food. I know Le Cordon Bleu and Health don't exactly go together, but I love to cook gourmet and make it healthy. So while we never actually did open the restaurant together we did spend a lot of time creating recipes together for our restaurant. This was one of our favorites, and every time I make it for anyone they ask for the recipe! —Jules B.
- 4 handfuls Fresh organic french green beans
- 1 packet Organic cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half
- 3/4 cup Minced organic red onion
- 1/2 cup Shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Ume Plum Vinegar ( or more to taste)
- 2 handfuls Ice
- 4 cups water
- To start place a pot of water on the stove on hight heat and bring it to a boil. While waiting for the water to boil prepare an ice bath for shocking the beans. Place the handfuls of Ice and the 4 cups of water in a side bowl and set aside.
- Next wash the beans and trim off the ends of each side. Chop them in half to make them bite size. Next mince the onion and cut each tomato in half. Even if the water is boiling its ok to wait until all your prep is done before lowering the heat.
- After your prep is done place the green beans into the boiling water. Let them sit for about a minute or until bright green and al dente. Once they are done using a slotted spoon, spoon them out and shock them in the ice water submerging them. Let them sit for a few minutes while they chill off.
- While the beans are chilling, get out the bowl you plan to serve the salad in. line it in paper towels. Now using the slotted spoon again scoop out the green beans and place into the center of the paper towel. Pat them dry then remove the paper towel letting them sit in the dish. Now add the onion, tomato, cheese and Ume plum vinegar. Please note if you are not familiar with Ume (This vinegar does not taste like a regular sour vinegar and no oil or seasoning is needed) Toss it all together and add more cheese or vinegar to taste and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side