If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a family favorite! My family absolutely must have these potatoes for every holiday. They are so decadent and creamy! Plus you don't have to peel the potatoes!!! —Coleen McCrea Katz
- 6 red bliss potatoes, washed quartered and sliced in ½ inch slices
- 1/2 cup Butter softened
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh Dill chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh Basil chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 quarts Boiling water
- 1. Bring water and salt to a boil in a 2 quart dutch oven or other large pot over medium high heat. Add potatoes and boil for 15 to 20 minutes after water regains a boil or potatoes are very soft. Drain potatoes.
- 2. Put pot back on the burner without a flame. Add butter and sour cream to the warm pot. Add potatoes and all herbs. Mix until all butter and sour cream are melted and all herbs are evenly mixed through. Be sure to smash potatoes as much as possible.