1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the chicken broth, plaintains, chicken breast pieces and a pinch of sea salt into a large saucepan. Heat on medium high heat until broth is bubbling.
2. Check the chicken pieces and remove from the broth when they are finished cooking; approx 12 minutes. Set chicken aside to cool. Finish cooking the plantains till they are fork tender; approx 20 minutes total cooking time. Remove pan from heat.
3. Using a slotted spoon, remove the plantains to a mixing bowl. Set broth aside. Add 2 Tbsp olive oil, garlic, 1/2 tsp adobo, oregano and black pepper to the plantains. Mash with a potato masher or fork until only small pieces remain. Add 1/2 cup of the cooking broth to the plaintains and mash until you have the consistency of mashed potatoes.
4. Brush the cups of two mini muffin pans with the olive oil. Scoop 2 Tbsp of the mashed plantains into each cup and make a well into the center of each scoop large enough to fit a heaping tablespoon of filling. Place the muffin pans into the oven; bake for 20 minutes until the edges are nicely browned. Remove and cool. Use a butter knife around the edge of each plantain cup to ensure a clean removal from the pan.
5. While the mofongo cups are baking, chop the chicken breast into small pieces and place into a bowl with the bacon, onion, red pepper, mango and cilantro. Toss gently with a fork to mix.
6. Pour 2 Tbsp of the cooking broth, 1 Tbsp olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey and a 1/4 tsp of adobo into a cup and stir well. Pour this dressing over the chicken salad; toss gently with a fork to mix.
7. Place the mofongo cups onto a platter and fill each one with a heaping tablespoon of the chicken salad. Serve warm with slices of lime as a garnish. Makes 24.