If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For Father's Day, my sister and I took our parents to Seattle's Elemental restaurant, a several course, several hour, wine paired, amazing experience. Our favorite dish of the night was the layered beet, pineapple, and goat cheese with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkling of chopped pistachios, topped with a pinch of sea salt. The sweet tart pineapple rings, tangy goat cheese, and earthy sweet beets went together amazingly! My salad takes elements of Elemental's flavors, using home canned beets (from Mom), pineapple dressing, toasted pistachios, and feta over a bed of mixed greens. I didn't use exact amounts, because it's more of a method than an exact recipe! —Loves Food Loves to Eat
servings mixed greens with spinach
small-medium jar of canned beets- sliced (reserve a few tablespoons of the juice)
green onions- sliced
cup crumbled feta
slices of pineapple with juice (or can of pineapple tidbits)- blended
part extra virgin olive oil
fresh ground pepper
splash cider vinegar
- Layer salad ingredients in 2 bowls in following order: greens, onion, beets, nuts, feta.
- whisk together dressing ingredients- with equal parts pineapple slush and olive oil (you could also use just canned pineapple juice instead of whole pineapple). Or shake in a cruet to mix.
- Pour dressing over salads, sprinkle with beet juice, and top with sea salt.
- As at Elemental, enjoy with multiple glasses of wine!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beets