If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I generally half this recipe and have plenty left over. I also put it in a Tupperware or glass bowl instead of the canning jars. Very easy to make and loved by many!
- 4 thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1 large sliced red onion
- 1 large sliced green bell pepper (or color of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery flakes
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Mix cucumbers, onions, peppers and salt; set aside.
- Put vinegar, sugar, celery flakes and pepper flakes in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Once mixture comes to a boil remove from heat and add 2 handfuls of ice until melted.
- Place all veggies in large mouth canning jars (2 quarts or 1 half gallon jar).
- Pour mixture over cucumbers, store in refrigerator. Will keep up to 2 months.