If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Raw fennel and radish are thinly sliced, sprinkled with salt and pepper, then drizzled with fruity olive oil and lemon juice. Simple perfection. The fennel's sweet, herbal anise note pairs perfectly with the peppery accent radish provides. The salad is refreshing, crunchy and pairs magnificently with fish, but also helps to cut through heavier meats and pastas too. —Merav
- 1 fennel bulb with fronds
- 8 radishes
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Thinly slice the fennel and radish lengthwise. Finely chop the fennel fronds and set aside. On a flat platter, arrange the fennel slices in an even layer. Season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with half of the lemon juice and olive oil. Next, place the radish slices on top of the fennel, creating any patter you desire.
- Season the radish with salt and pepper and drizzle the remaining lemon juice and olive oil evenly over the top. Garnish with finely chopped fennel fronds and leave to rest at room temperature at least 15 minutes prior to serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side