If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Can't get everyone to eat their veggies? Try this creamy, roasted cauliflower with a crunchy topping...They will be asking for seconds! —Marisa R
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 vidalia onion(white can be substituted)
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 2/3 cup chicken broth (vegetable can be substituted)
- 4 tablespoons pecorino cheese, grated
- salt & pepper to taste (the cheese has lots of salt)
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375F. Remove core and stem of cauliflower and pull apart the florets. Place them and the whole onion in its jacket on a parchment covered baking sheet. Drizzle sparingly with EVOO and season to taste. Mix with your hands. Bake for 20-30min until fork tender. Turning over to colour evenly after 10-15min. Season again sparingly. In a small oven proof dish or baking sheet mix crumbs with 1 tbsp of the pecorino cheese and 1tbsp. oil. Stir to combine and bake for 10min. *watch carefully, do not burn* This is the crunchy topping for the cauliflower. Toss after 5 min. to brown evenly.
- Squeeze cooked onion from skin. Add to processor along with, cauliflower, broth, ricotta, pecorino and blend to a smooth consistency. This should still be hot. (It can be cooled to room temperature and reheated when needed, within 1-2 hrs. ) Sprinkle crumbs over cauliflower for each individual serving or spread cauliflower into a casserole dish and sprinkle crumble over top serving family style.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side