If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We used to eat a restaurant that served a side similar to this so I went home and tweaked the recipe to fit my own taste. I came up with a side that bring a smile to my face because it's as beautiful as it tastes. —[email protected]
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers (finely chopped)
- 1 cup baby portobellas (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup sweet onions (finely chopped)
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 1/2 cups orzo
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/8 cup fresh grated parmesan
- Heat medium sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add butter and garlic to the pan.
- Stir being sure not to let the garlic burn.
- Add prepared peppers, mushroom and onion to the butter and garlic and sauté until transparent.
- Bring 3 qt of water to a boil.x
- Add orzo and cook for 10 minutes being sure to stir to keep it from sticking together. x
- Wash spinach thoroughly, drain and add to sautéed vegetables.
- Cook until for spinach with vegetables about 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse orzo and add to vegetables with beef stock.
- Lower heat and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Place in dish and top with freshly grated parmesan.