We used to eat a restaurant that served a side similar to this so I went home and tweaked the recipe to fit my own taste. I came up with a side that bring a smile to my face because it's as beautiful as it tastes. —[email protected]
- Serves 6
1 1/2 tablespoons
red bell peppers (finely chopped)
baby portobellas (finely chopped)
sweet onions (finely chopped)
1 1/2 cups
fresh grated parmesan
In This Recipe
- Heat medium sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add butter and garlic to the pan.
- Stir being sure not to let the garlic burn.
- Add prepared peppers, mushroom and onion to the butter and garlic and sauté until transparent.
- Bring 3 qt of water to a boil.x
- Add orzo and cook for 10 minutes being sure to stir to keep it from sticking together. x
- Wash spinach thoroughly, drain and add to sautéed vegetables.
- Cook until for spinach with vegetables about 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse orzo and add to vegetables with beef stock.
- Lower heat and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Place in dish and top with freshly grated parmesan.