If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tried the Avocado Ranch at a few restaurants and was highly impressed. Determined to make something similar, I came up with this delicious dip in a healthier way. This dip will take your taste buds on an extravaganza and teams up well with potato wedges. —Smiley Reed
Makes cup of dip and 8 wedges
- 2 Baking Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Dried Parsley Flakes
- 2 tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Trader Joe's Rice Bran Oil
Spicy Avocado Ranch Dip
- 1 Small avocado
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt, Plain 0% Fat
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Dash Black Pepper
- Dash Dill Weed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons White Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Parsley Flakes
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno, seeds removed
- Cut the potatoes into 4 wedges totaling 8 wedges. Rinse them with cold water.
- Heat a medium skillet on medium to medium-high heat and add the oil. Once oil is hot cook the wedges on each side until golden (or until soft).
- Pat the wedges dry from oil and place them on serving tray. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, parsley, and salt. Set aside.
- For the Sauce combine the avocado, Greek yogurt, kosher salt, black pepper, dill weed, white wine vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley, jalapeno into blender. Mix well.
- Place in sauce (or dip bowl) and place on serving tray with the wedges. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and dried parsley flakes (optional).
- Vuala! Now serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side
More Great Recipes: