If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is on plucky cravings and is adapted by The Novice Chef. I used goat cheese brie, but any goat cheese will work. If you only have cinnamon and no nutmeg, use 1/2 cinnamon. You can drizzle some honey on top. The glaze looks divine, but I like to just mix into the stuffing; that way it’s less messy. I also use less honey, because the Medjool dates already very sweet. You can make them up to 8 hours ahead of time, and leave in the fridge covered. Serve at room temperature. —pluckycravings
- 16 16 Medjool Dates
- 3 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup roasted walnuts, chopped
- 16 roasted walnuts, whole to garnish
- Sea salt to garnish
- In a small bowl, stir together goat cheese, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and chopped walnuts. Set aside.
- Take dates, and cut slit vertically down the center of the longer side, without cutting in half. Remove pit.
- Butterfly open dates and spoon in a teaspoon of prepared cheese stuffing in each.
- Garnish with a whole walnut on the top and sprinkle with sea salt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side