If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Personally the more the merrier when it comes to vegetables, also being the first cold day in October I wanted to fire up the oven and warm up the house in good fashion. Hope you enjoy this as much my family does. —ZombieCupcake
Serves 3 to 5
- 2 1/2 cups Brussel Sprouts Cut in Halves
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Pepper & Salt to taste
- 3 Medium Sweet Potatoes pealed and cubed
- 6 ounces Package greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Corn cut from one cob
- 1 pound Lean Beef
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 Medium onion chopped
- 1/2 cup Water
- 3 ounces Tomato Paste
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- Pre - heat oven to 375 Degrees in a bowl toss brussel sprouts with olive oil, pepper & salt. Spread over a baking sheet and stir occasional till browned this will take about 8 to 12 minutes.
- While waiting on the brussel sprouts, take a medium pot and boil sweet potatoes water just covering the tops on them. Once soft mash with yogurt, turmeric, nutmeg, chili powder, and cinnamon then set aside.
- Cooking the beef, vinegar and onion together till brown, add water, tomato paste, paprika, oregano, thyme, pepper together and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Assemble in a 9" deep pie pan (or 8" x 8" baking dish). Starting with beef then adding brussel sprouts and corn. Spread the sweet potato evenly with a spatula over the pie. Using the back side of a fork get creative and add some designs.
- Place in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes. Enjoy the warm house and the filling dinner!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes