If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a simple side that packs a big flavor punch. It's a great way to use up endless summer tomatoes and basil. —Erin
Makes 24 tomatoes
cup pine nuts
cups basil leaves, packed
cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano
teaspoon coarse sea salt
teaspoon fresh ground pepper
cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Toast pine nuts in a dry heavy skillet over medium heat, about 4 minutes.
- Put garlic through a press and add to food processor. Add basil, Parmigiano-Reggiano, toasted pine nuts, salt, pepper, and basil leaves. Turn food processor on low until everything is finely ground
- Slowly drizzle in extra-virgin olive oil.
cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, shredded
cup Panko breadcrumbs
tablespoon butter, melted
- Mix together panko breadcrumbs with butter to moisten then add 1 cup of Parmesan to breadcrumbs.
- With a sharp pairing knife, cut a circle around the top of each tomato being careful not to slice through the bottom of the tomato.
- Using your finger, carefully hollow out each tomato.
- Place 1 tsp. of pesto in each tomato then stuff Parmesan/breadcrumb mixture into tomatoes until they are overflowing.
- Place stuffed tomatoes in mini muffin tins.
- Bake at 350F for 10 minutes or until browned.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side