If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Here’s a quick, easy (& healthy) plant-based dip recipe that’ll go great with a baguette, veggies slices, crackers or warm pita bread. Perfect for a cookout or picnic on one of these hot summer days.
I got this recipe from the Rimondi Estate while traveling in Crete recently. What a beautiful place! —lynne
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup yellow lentils
- 1 cup water
- roasted red pepper, for garnish (optional)
- extra virgin olive oil, as needed for desired consistency
- Boil 1 cup yellow lentils with 2 cups water 15 min., and drain.
- In the meantime, combine the sun-dried tomatoes, capers, rosemary, onion and garlic in a food processor.
- Allow lentils to cool, then add to mixture.
- Add water or extra-virgin olive oil until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
- Garnish with roasted red peppers, and voila! Enjoy.