If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad combines roasted pear and yam with a drizzle of green sauce that is zesty and has the sweetness of maple syrup.
The colours explode and so do your taste buds. —Marisa R
- 1 lg. yam, washed, skin pierced all over with a fork
- 1 green bartlett pear, not over ripe, cut lengthwise into thirds (leave in seeds & core)
- 1 lime, zested and cut crosswise
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup + 1 tsp extra for marinade
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto
- salt & pepper to taste
- Wrap yam in a sheet of foil and place directly on BBQ grill. Cook on low heat until fork tender approx. 30min depending on size of yam. Set aside and allow to cool to the touch. Brush cut pear sides with 2 tsp maple syrup and place directly on BBQ grill. Cook on low heat to caramelize until you develop grill marks 10min if pear is hard *Do not overcook or the pear will disintegrate.*
- Place lime on grill cut side down. Grill for 5 min to achieve grill marks. Set aside to cool to touch
- Prepare the Dressing: Place the tahini, zest, pesto, garlic, olive oil, extra maple syrup, 1/4 tsp pepper and 1/2 tsp salt in a small ramekin. Squeeze the lime halves and stir to blend. Add 1 tbsp of water and stir together.
- Assembly: Peel skin of the yam. Slice into 1/2"-3/4" round slices, then cube the yam. Dice the pear, removing seeds. Toss together. Drizzle with dressing toss to coat. Can be served warm or room temperature. Readjust seasoning if needed.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side