If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These potatoes are a fancy, nice change from the usual baked potatoes. They take a little bit more time and patience to prepare, but they are sure to become favorites for parties and special dinners for friends and family. —alla breve
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms (white or Portobello)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs of your choice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- dashes salt
- dashes pepper
- dashes paprika
- 3 ounces shredded Parmesan or your favorite cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash and scrub clean potatoes. Cut slices across the potatoes without slicing the knife all the way through the potato (about 3/4 of the way through).
- Chop mushrooms and herbs.
- Mix chopped mushrooms, herbs, bacon, salt, pepper with 1 tbs of olive oil.
- Insert the mixture into each potato, between the slices.
- Drizzle potatoes with olive oil and season with paprika. Wrap them individually into aluminum foil and lay on a baking sheet.
- Bake until brown and crisp on the outside and soft inside, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Optional: sprinkle with cheese and return to oven and cook for 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side