If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Juicy apples marry with tender baby kale and walnuts in what is sure to be a quintessential fall favorite in your household. Even the most timid kale eaters wont be able to resist how approachable this sweet side is. —Julie Cyr
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon organic brown sugar
- 1 large sweet apple, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped raw walnuts
- 4 cups tender baby kale
- 2 tablespoons hard cider
- 1 pinch sea salt, to taste
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat melt the butter.
- Add the brown sugar and stir quickly to disolve.
- Add the apples, walnuts, and cider. Cook until tender soft, but not mushy.
- Add the baby kale and stir to combine. Cook 2-3 minutes more, or until the kale is wilted but still vibrant in color. Season with salt to taste.