If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a traditional Chinese dessert soup served after dinners. It's spruced up with kombu - seaweed - and dried tangerine peel. For more detail on this dessert, you can visit the site East Meets Kitchen at EastMeetsKitchen.com. —ChristinaNg
- 6 ounces Green Mung Beans
- 3 tablespoons Long Grain White Rice
- 5 cups Water
- 2-3 ounces Cane Sugar
- 2 pieces Dried Tangerine Peel
- 2 pieces Kombu Seaweed (4x6 inch)
- Wash and drain green beans. Put in rice, tangerine peels, kombu, and water. Bring to a boil. Turn down to low-medium heat and simmer for 30 minutes until beans open.
- Take out kombu and slice into bite sized strips. Return to pot.
- Add cane sugar and cook for an additional 10 minutes until sugar is dissolved. Taste for flavor.
- Dessert soup can be served hot or cold.