Since my boyfriend has celiac disease, I am constantly searching for ways to remake his favorite gluten filled recipes he can no longer enjoy. As a kid, he lived on chicken nuggets. We have tried so many gluten free versions but none of them are even close to the original. Many gluten free versions of the childhood staple are soggy or bland, so I took this as a challenge to perfect the gluten free chicken nugget and I think I have found success in this recipe. —jessica1213
Corn nuts, crushed
1. Crush the corn nuts in a food processor. I like mine a little more chunky, but you can crush them into finer consistency if you would like. Once crushed, put in shallow bowl and mix in chia seeds, garlic powder, and chili flakes. Set aside.
2. Heat the oils to 350 F in a deep saute pan.
3. Whisk 2 eggs and set aside.
4. Cut chicken breasts into strips.
5. Dip each strip into egg and coat, then dip into corn nut mixture. Once all are coated in the mixture, place into heated oil and fry for about 4-5 minutes or until a nice golden brown.
Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce! I chose Cindy's Kitchen Chipotle Ranch!
See what other Food52ers are saying.