If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Serves 1 quiche
- 1 pie crust
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 4 branches of swiss chards
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 cup lardon (thick bacon bits)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (low-fat is fine)
- 1/2 cup 15% cream
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 Lancashire or Monterrey Jack cheese
- Cut the swiss chard: separate the leaves and the stems. Heat the canola oil and butter in a large skillet. Add the onion and the stems. Cook on medium heat until swiss chard is tender.
- Add the garlic, the leaves, and the white wine. Cook for 5 minutes until liquid has evaporated. Drain the mixture if needed.
- Press the dough into a pie dish (9 po).Spread the swiss chard and onions on the dough and toss lardon on top.
- In a bowl, whisk together cream, milk, eggs and season with salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over the swiss chard and bacon.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top and bake on 350F for 30-35 minutes or until mixture is firm and cheese is golden. Serve warm or cold with a salad.