If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was at our local fish store to pick up salmon but spotted perfect Ahi Tuna. I came home and mixed together the perfect seasonings. My husband wanted a little pasta so I pulled out a 1/2 red pepper, 1/2 container mini-roma tomatoes and a zucchini. This was a great dinner for my hubby and I.
If you are following a Paleo or Gluten Free Pasta you can substitute pasta for spaghetti squash, gluten free pasta or even zucchini noodles. Be creative! —Cindy Anschutz
Ingredients for the Pasta
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mini-roma tomatoes, cut in half (or cherry tomatoes)
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup reserved pasta water
- Fresh cilantro
Ingredients for Tuna
- 1 tablespoon spanish paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- Olive oil for searing
- 4 (4 oz) fillets of ahi tuna
- Cook the pasta by following the package less 2 minutes and set aside in a bowl. You can add a little water or olive oil while it sits. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- Take a large sauté pan over medium heat and add in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add in shallot and cook for 2 minutes. Next add in zucchini and bell pepper. Let sauté for 4 minutes. Turn heat off and add in tomatoes and champagne vinegar. Let sit until tuna is ready.
- In a small bowl combine paprika, coriander, oregano, chili powder and ground mustard. Move to a plate and coat each tuna on both sides. Set a side.
- Heat your indoor grill pan over medium-high heat. Once hot add in olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Add tuna and sear for 2-3 minutes (depending on the thickness). Flip over and turn off heat and let the fish heat through.
- Take the pan with the vegetables and turn to medium heat. Once hot add in pasta, 2 tablespoons olive oil and using thongs to combine ingredients. Add in cilantro and if you need more liquid add some pasta water 1 tablespoon at a time. Taste for any additional seasonings.
- On a board, slice tuna.
- To serve add pasta to the bottom of the plate and divide the tuna pieces to 4 plates.