If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Rich chocolate frosting make with Greek Yogurt... You'll never make another chocolate frosting again —Jamie
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup confectioners surgar
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add in the sugar and cocoa powder and combine. In a measuring cup, whisk together in heavy cream, yogurt, vanilla and espresso power. Slowly add to the cocoa mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is hot (don’t let this boil, burnt frosting= gross). Remove from heat
- Sift confectioners sugar to remove any lumps, and add to the frosting mixture, whisking until smooth.
- Cool frosting at room temperature for about 2 hours, whisking every now and then.
More Great Recipes: