Author Notes: I needed some frosting for some vanilla cupcakes I had made. I did not want to go out to the store for anything, so I used some items I had on hand. The result was a beautiful fluffy frosting, at first. When I put the remaining cupcakes in the refrigerator over night, the frosting turned into a hard shell. THAT was when it had the best taste. —Diane
Makes: 24 cupcakes
cup chocolate chips (I used Ghiradelli.)
tablespoons Coconut BUTTER (not oil)
tablespoons Unsalted Butter (not margarine)
- In at least a 2 cup microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips until almost all of the chunks are gone. Use 30 second increments until you have a few lumps left.
- Stir in the coconut butter and butter until they are melted and chips are smooth.
- Whip in the honey with a mixer (can use a whisk, but the hand mixer is just so much easier).
- Freeze for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and whip again. Should be somewhat fluffy.
- Smooth onto fully cooled cupcakes. Would also work for layer cakes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Frosting