If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I needed some frosting for some vanilla cupcakes I had made. I did not want to go out to the store for anything, so I used some items I had on hand. The result was a beautiful fluffy frosting, at first. When I put the remaining cupcakes in the refrigerator over night, the frosting turned into a hard shell. THAT was when it had the best taste. —Diane
Makes: 24 cupcakes
cup chocolate chips (I used Ghiradelli.)
tablespoons Coconut BUTTER (not oil)
tablespoons Unsalted Butter (not margarine)
- In at least a 2 cup microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips until almost all of the chunks are gone. Use 30 second increments until you have a few lumps left.
- Stir in the coconut butter and butter until they are melted and chips are smooth.
- Whip in the honey with a mixer (can use a whisk, but the hand mixer is just so much easier).
- Freeze for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and whip again. Should be somewhat fluffy.
- Smooth onto fully cooled cupcakes. Would also work for layer cakes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Frosting