If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I like this slathered on chai spiced cupcakes. Or on my fingers. Or on a spoon. All are acceptable forms to eat this fluffy, spicy, tangy frosting that instantly imparts magic on anything it touches. —Amanda Shulman
Makes enough to frost 12 cupcakes
- 6 tablespoons softened butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch cardamom
- In a bowl fitted with an electric cream the butter and cream cheese together. Gradually add the powdered sugar and on slow speed mix it in. Once mixed, add the vanilla, heavy cream and spices. Whip on high for 5 minutes until light, fluffy, and about double in size.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Frosting
More Great Recipes: Desserts