Author Notes: With Fall upon us, God gets out his crayons and colors the world beautiful! Pumpkins are abundant and not just for pies! —The Kitchen Whisperer
Makes: 3 cups
cups Pumpkin Puree (can use winter squash puree)
cup Fresh Apple Cider
cups Light Brown Sugar, packed
teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
Vanilla beans, split lengthways and seeded
- In a large sauce pan add in the pumpkin puree, apple cider, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Mix to combine
- Add in the vanilla bean seeds and pods plus the cinnamon sticks. Stir well to combine
- Place the pan over medium-high heat and bring to a slow boil (where the edges start to bubble).
- Immediately reduce the heat to a simmer and allow to cook for 30-45 minutes or until the mixture is thick.
- While the mixture is cooking stir frequently as you don’t want to burn the bottom.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Remove vanilla bean pods and cinnamon sticks from the mixture and discard.
- Place into a glass storage container (can you plastic but glass is prettier) and allow the butter to cool completely.
- Cover and store in the fridge for 2-4 weeks… if it’ll last that long!