If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love peas and this dish is the perfect side dish! Try my braised spring peas with your favorite Sunday Italian dinners!! —Cindy Anschutz
- 2 slices pancetta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil or Coconut butter
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour
- 1 cup low sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 6 spring onions, trimmed, outer leaves discarded, and finely chopped
- 14 ounces fresh peas (you can use frozen but fresh works best)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Olive oil to drizzle
- Special Equipment: Take out your large sauté pan that has a cover! You will need to cover when simmering the peas! If you do not have a cover then use foil.
- Heat your sauté pan and add 1/2 teaspoon of coconut or olive oil. Cut your pancetta into small cubes. Cook until crispy. Put in a bowl to the side.
- In the same sauté pan add the butter and remainder of oil. Then add coconut flour and stir around (I like to use a small whisk). Slowly add the stock.
- Add the spring onions and peas season with red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Put the lid on and simmer for 5 minutes or until tender. Taste for any additional seasoning, add lemon juice and just when you are about to serve drizzle with a little olive oil.