This chicken breast recipe is from Trattoria by Patricia Wells. I'm adding it because it goes very well with the Lemon Risotto recipe that I posted. Moreover, it's so easy with tons of lemony flavor.
This chicken breast recipe is from Trattoria by Patricia Wells. I'm adding it because it goes very well with the Lemon Risotto recipe that I posted. Moreover, it's so easy with tons of lemony flavor.—JulieBee
Serves: 2 to 4
Prep time: 45 min
Cook time: 20 min
boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or cutlets)
tablespoons lemon juice
fresh sage leaves
tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
tablespoons unsalted butter
teaspoons sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Marinate chicken with the lemon juice, sage and olive oil for 30 minutes. The lemon here both flavors and tenderizes the chicken.
- After 30 minutes remove chicken and pat dry. Strain marinade and put aside. Reserve sage leaves separately and put aside.
- In large skillet, melt butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil until hot and bubbly. Add chicken breasts smooth side down and cook until evenly brown, about 5 minutes (cooking time will be much less if you are using cutlets). Turn breasts over and season generously with salt and pepper. Tuck reserved sage leaves around the chicken and cook until chicken is browned on the bottom but still juicy, about 5 to 10 minutes more. Do not scorch the sage.
- Remove chicken to platter and season second side with salt and pepper. Scatter sage leaves on top and also add lemon wedges to plate. Cover loosely with foil. Discard any fat from skillet. Add reserved lemon marinade into skillet on high heat. Reduce to a glaze, add tablespoon of butter, and pour over chicken. Serve ASAP.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!