If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon ground sumac, optional
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest and 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 medium head curly endive
- Warmed pita bread for serving
- Place chicken broth in a Dutch oven and bring to a simmer. Meanwhile, combine pork, garlic, oregano, sesame, sumac (if using), oil and lemon zest in a medium bowl; season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add endive to simmering broth. Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon measure, portion meat into 1-inch balls and drop directly into broth. Simmer meatballs 4 minutes or until just cooked through. Stir in lemon juice and adjust seasoning. Serve soup immediately and sprinkle with additional sesame seeds, if desired.