If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Recently I found a recipe for "2 Ingredient White Chocolate Buttercream" on the Cookies&Cups blog. I loved the idea of melting white chocolate and butter together and turning it into a rich buttercream frosting. Using that technique, I added vanilla, ricotta and English toffee bits for this one. Crunchy and not too sweet, it'll satisfy your craving. —inpatskitchen
Makes about 3 cups
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 pound salted butter (2 sticks)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta
- 3/4 cup Engish toffee bits
- In a medium sauce pan over low heat, melt the butter and white chocolate chips together until the chips and butter have totally melted. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until the mixture has hardened ( or overnight if you like).
- After hardening, place the bowl on the counter to soften up. It should be soft enough to beat with an electric mixer and may take a few hours to get to this stage.
- Start beating the mixture and add the ricotta and vanilla. Continue to beat until fluffy. (I used a hand mixer) Stir in the toffee bits and frost whatever your heart desires!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Frosting