If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a low-cal option for breakfast or a light lunch. It taste delicious and is very nutritious. We love to eat them for breakfast or bring them to school for lunch. —Candyland Queens
- 2 teaspoons of canola oil
- 1/2 a small red onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup of drained, rinsed canned black beans
- Salt and pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 pita pockets cut in half
- Sour cream
- Heat the canola oil in a large skillet over a medium-high heat. Cook the onions and peppers until onions are softened and peppers are slightly charred, about 8 minutes. Add the black beans and cook until warmed through, another 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to dish.
- Whisk the eggs together and stir in the cheese. Heat canola oil in the skillet and reheat the skillet over a medium heat. Reduce heat to low and add the eggs, scrambling until cooked through, about 3 minutes. Put the eggs and the beans inside the Pita. Then put some sour cream on top if you want to. Enjoy!