If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Add pumpkin puree to sweeten up your cornbread —Peter Block @ Feed Your Soul Too
Serves 6 - 8
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Heny
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Yellow Cornmeal
- 1/2 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Frozen Corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup Buttermilk
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, take the melted butter and combine with the sugar and honey.
- Whisk in the egg.
- Whisk in the baking soda, buttermilk and pumpkin purée.
- Add salt, cornmeal, and flour. Mix well but do not over do it.
- Mix in the corn. Add batter to a greased 8-inch baking dish. Pour in the corn and take your spatula to smooth out the mixture. The corn should be in the mix.
- Bake for 21 – 23 minutes, or until top is golden brown. Prick the center with a toothpick. It should come out clean. If not clean, continue to bake a couple of minutes at a time until the toothpick comes out clean.