If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This espresso frosting glaze is sweetened with white chocolate. It is sure to awaken your taste buds. Try it on chocolate or vanilla cakes or coffee flavored cakes. —chefw3
Makes approx 1 1/2 cups
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon finely ground espresso beans
- 1/4 of a vanilla bean with seeds
- 1/2 cup white chocolate morsels
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 2 tablespoons instant powdered white chocolate cappuccino drink mix
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a small saucepan over low, heat heavy whipping cream with espresso and vanilla bean. Let heat for 5 to 10 minutes until the cream is a light grey brown. Remove the vanilla bean, scraping the seeds into the cream mixture.
- Melt chips with shortening in microwave for about 45 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir until smooth and add to the cream espresso mixture. Stir well. Remove from heat.
- Pour mixture into a mixer with instant espresso powder and powdered sugar. Beat until well blended and smooth and creamy.
- Allow to cool for a minute or two and then spoon or pour over your cakes.
- Eat up and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Frosting