Author Notes: This espresso frosting glaze is sweetened with white chocolate. It is sure to awaken your taste buds. Try it on chocolate or vanilla cakes or coffee flavored cakes. —chefw3
Makes: approx 1 1/2 cups
cup heavy whipping cream
teaspoon finely ground espresso beans
of a vanilla bean with seeds
cup white chocolate morsels
tablespoons instant powdered white chocolate cappuccino drink mix
cup powdered sugar
- In a small saucepan over low, heat heavy whipping cream with espresso and vanilla bean. Let heat for 5 to 10 minutes until the cream is a light grey brown. Remove the vanilla bean, scraping the seeds into the cream mixture.
- Melt chips with shortening in microwave for about 45 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir until smooth and add to the cream espresso mixture. Stir well. Remove from heat.
- Pour mixture into a mixer with instant espresso powder and powdered sugar. Beat until well blended and smooth and creamy.
- Allow to cool for a minute or two and then spoon or pour over your cakes.
- Eat up and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Frosting