If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: this bright and cheery frosting is as pleasing to the taste buds as it is strikingly appealing to the eye. Try with a citrus cake or a vanilla bean cake. Even chocolate! —chefw3
Makes approx 2+ cups
cardamom vanilla bean custard frosting
packet 3.4 oz instant vanilla pudding mix
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
cup heavy whipping cream
teaspoons cardamom, ground
1/4 to 1/3
of a lemon's zest
vanilla bean pod's seeds
- In a mixing bowl, whip together pudding, milk and heavy cream.
- Once well blended, stir in cardamom, lemon and vanilla and mix well.
- Refrigerate, covered, for half an hour to an hour until thick enough to spread as a frosting.
cup heaping, of blackberries, fresh or frozen
cup apple cider, prepared
cup frozen orange juice concentrate
teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, combine blackberries, cider and orange juice. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat, pour mixture into a blender. Blend well.
- Pour mixture through a fine strainer or sieve.
- Add the vanilla extract to the strained mixture. Stir well. Makes over one cup of coulis.
- Frost your delicious cupcakes or cakes and drizzle or dot with or dunk in the blackberry coulis for this deliciousness!
- Eat up and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Frosting